Monday, September 06, 2010

I'm terribly behind on posts. The Entertainment center is nearing completion. I've since painted and moved in the two bottom cabinets that flank the center one as well as the center armoire cabinet for the TV. This past weekend, I finished assembling the two side book cases and hope to paint them this week for installation next weekend.

The following pictures are several months old, but better late than never. I'll get more recent ones up soon.

The top armoire starting to come together.

Me, in the armoire, for scale.

One of the doors for the lower cabinets.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Since the last post, I've finished the non-moving portions of the bottom carcass including the face frame and painting. Because this thing is fairly large, we decided to move it into the family room to get it out of the way in the garage. There are towels under the components because the paint is fairly fresh and I didn't want anything sticking. The board on the top supporting the TV is temporary as the bottom carcass doesn't actually have a top. The two empty bottom spaces are for drawers which I still have to make and I also still have to do the doors.

However, the next task is the upper carcass. I've got to figure out the best order for assembling that as well as determining how I will install the flipper doors when it's painted.

Monday, January 18, 2010

I've started assembly on the lower carcase. It will be split vertically with a drawer for media at the bottom of each half and place to stack components above that.

Saturday, January 02, 2010

I found a nice way to handle cutting large sheets on the tablesaw without a helper to catch the pieces on the back side. I've got an old door I use as a temporary bench for painting and other tasks and I found I could set it up on my saw horses to catch the outfeed.