Monday, May 17, 2004

Ran into a small problem when I tried to run our webapp in Tomcat 5. I got this error, "can't declare any more prefixes in this context" along with a stack trace. As far as I can tell, this is caused by conflicting XML parser versions. In our case, we had a ReportMill6.jar in WEB-INF/lib that contained a copy of the Crimson parser. That was enough to cause this bizarre error to appear when I tried to view a JSP. Fixing it meant deleting the jar.


Anonymous said...

Thanks. I had the exact same problem but couldn't figure it out. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

same problem here. thanks for the idea. that seems to have fixed it.